About the Event
Away from the borders and coasts, Kansas City-area students are often surprised to find just how many international academic and professional opportunities await them after high school. This unique college and career program brings students to the table with dozens of international businesses, organizations, colleges, and universities to show them just how global their future can be.
This year, find Your Global Future in …
- Business & STEM;
- the Government & Service;
- Study Abroad; and,
- Colleges & Universities
Previous Your Global Future college and career fairs brought together more than 500 Kansas City–area high school students and their teachers from around the Kansas City metro region. They interacted with more than 50 businesses, university programs, and community organizations. While we’re excited to return to the trade-show model in 2022, this year’s fair will bring global possibilities right to students where they are, in-person. Over five consecutive days, the IRC will bring sponsoring speakers from a different international path to present directly to an auditorium full of students at a local high school, while also live streaming and recording the event for other teachers and students to access across the area.
This year’s Your Global Future will include flexible programming options for students, teachers, and organizations to take advantage of in their school auditorium, classroom, or at home. Participating schools will have access to:
- A panel with different speakers each a day for 5 days, scheduled during the school day;
- Further information from panelists here on the Your Global Future webpage;
- Raffle drawings for prizes for students and teachers; and,
- Recordings of the five panels for later use will be available to IRC members exclusively
- Want an email notification sent directly to you when recordings are available? Contact the IRC’s Education Outreach Coordinator to be put on the list.