Updated January 28, 2020.
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) explains how the International Relations Council (“IRC”, “we,” “group,” or “us”) collects and processes your Personal Information when you visit www.irckc.org or related properties (collectively, “Site”). Each time you use our Site, the current version of this Notice will apply. Accordingly, whenever you use our Site, you should check the date of this Notice (which appears at the top) and review any changes since the last version. This Notice is applicable to all Site visitors, registered users, and all other users of our Site. As used herein, “Personal Information” is any information related to an identified or identifiable person.
2. How to Contact Us.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact us using the Contact Us section on our Site. Alternatively, you can contact us by phone at 816-423-2632, by sending an email to email@example.com or by mail to 30 W. Pershing Road, Suite 201, Kansas City, MO 64108.
3. How We Collect Personal Information.
Personal Information that you give us. We may collect and process the following Personal Information:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information, and/or credit card information.
- Membership information, about your membership including your name, contact details such as address, phone number and email address (business or personal), age, job title, government identification numbers (e.g. social security number, passport number etc.), year of admission and any other information related to your membership. Membership information may be provided by you during the registration process, or by your employer on your behalf.
- Payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to register or renew your membership. We use third party payment processors to process payment related data. All Personal Information collected by such third parties is subject to their respective privacy notices.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases made by members and non-members of event participation, books, or other materials either in-person or via our Site. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
Personal Information we collect from you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We may use this technical information for various business purposes such as providing market research and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
- Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
4. How We Use Your Personal Information.
We will only process your Personal Information, including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
We may use Personal Information that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- to organize events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and other publications, provided you have given your consent;
- to respond to your questions and provide related membership services;
- to provide you with information about other events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- to transfer your information as part of a merger or sale of the business;
- to notify you about changes to our membership service;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
Personal Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined Personal Information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
When we share and who can access your Personal Information.
- We may share your Personal Information for the purposes described in this Notice with: a member of our group partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract we enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products, and membership services that you request from us.
- We may also share with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site, trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the Site, and our membership services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing).
- We may share in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets if the IRC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We will only transfer your Personal Information to trusted third-parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
- We will never sell your Personal Information to third parties without your opt-in consent.
Although we use security measures to help protect your Personal Information against loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.
6. International Users.
We are headquartered in the United States. Your Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central database is operated.
7. How Long We Store Your Personal Information.
We will store your Personal Information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Information is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Information quickly upon request.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Site. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you service, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may keep such information indefinitely.
8. Where We Store Your Personal Information.
The Personal Information that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Information is submitted through our Site, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States and that the United States currently does not have uniform data protection laws in place.
9. Children’s Privacy.
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. If you are not 13 years or older, do not use our Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that Personal Information of persons less than 13 years-of-age has been collected through our Site, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Information to our Site without your consent, then you may alert us at email@example.com so that we may take appropriate action to remove the minor's Personal Information from our systems.
10. Links to Third Party Sites and Services.
Our Site may contain links to third party websites, applications, and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party including websites or services directly linked to our Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party site that you link from our Site.
11. Your Rights.
Correction and removal. If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Information) removed from our records, you may do so by visiting your IRC Profile, or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out. Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, by visiting your IRC preferences page, or by sending a message to us at email@example.com.
12. Your Californian Rights.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Changes to This Notice.
If we make any material changes to this Notice or the way we use, share or collect Personal Information, we will notify you by revising the “Effective Date” at the top of this Notice, prominently posting an announcement of the changes on our Site, or sending an email to the email address you most recently provided us (unless we do not have such an email address) prior to the new policy taking effect.
Any changes we make to this Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notification sent to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Notice.