Who We Are
The International Relations Council works in partnership with businesses, universities, community organizations, and K-12 schools to bring a global perspective to our community. We bring world leaders and dignitaries to the metro region, host forums for high-school students to interact with and learn from foreign-policy experts, and create opportunities for area business leaders to strengthen relationships abroad.
We value our members and the unique insights, international experience, and sincere desire to understand the world they bring to the IRC network and the Kansas City community. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds and include community leaders, international businesspeople, university faculty, students, and other individuals interested in deepening their global awareness. We warmly welcome your interest and involvement.
Individual & Family Membership Benefits
As an IRC member, you sustain global affairs education in our community and receive many other benefits:
- Member-rate or cost-free admission to engaging IRC programs with leading experts in diverse fields of global affairs
- Notice of all programs through IRC's weekly newsletter
- A welcoming community with opportunities to strengthen your professional and personal network
- Keen insights and meaningful conversations about international relations and today's global landscape
- Early registration for select IRC programs throughout the year, like Global Experiences and News & Views community conversations
- A fuller sense of Kansas City's international connections and just how international our community is
- Recognition as a member at IRC programs and annually in the IRC's weekly newsletter
- Travel and educational opportunities through the World Affairs Councils of America network
- Exclusive discounts on a variety of foreign-affairs publications
Joining at a higher level, IRC Academy members show special support for the work of the IRC and are invited to dive even deeper into international affairs through more intimate gatherings that allow them to speak directly with visiting diplomats and guest speakers. Special benefits of Academy membership include:
The IRC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law.
Individual Membership Levels
- $25 Student or K-12 Educator
- $75 Individual
- $100 Family
- $150 Patron
Academy Membership Levels
- $300 Statesman
- $500 Benefactor
- $1,000 Emissary
Sign Up or Renew
Whether you are signing up as a first time member or renewing your IRC membership, you have several options. You're always welcome to call us at 816-897-6474, and we'll be happy to process your membership or renewal over the phone.