Who We Are
The International Relations Council works in partnership with businesses, universities, community organizations, and K-12 schools to bring a global perspective to our community. We bring world leaders and dignitaries to the metro region, host forums for high-school students to interact with and learn from foreign-policy experts, and create opportunities for area business leaders to strengthen relationships abroad.
At the International Relations Council, we value our relationships with partners from a variety of industries and specialties. Our business, education, and nonprofit partners contribute unique perspectives, international experience, and remarkable people to connect international affairs to our community. We invite you to join us as a partner or to renew your organization’s commitment to supporting the development of a global perspective in Kansas City.
Core Partnership Benefits
An annual business membership with the International Relations Council is available for $1,500 and includes the core benefits listed below.
Visibility in the Greater KC Metro Area
- Organization's name, logo, description, and website link featured on the IRC website
- Organization's name in IRC program materials and recognition at IRC signature programs
- Organization's international work and connections highlighted in the IRC blog, newsletter, and social media
- Chance to host an IRC Networking Hour to introduce the community to the organization's international work and to introduce the organization's stakeholders to the IRC
Connection with Kansas City's International Community
- Through IRC social events, program receptions, and forums, your employees and stakeholders sustain and strengthen their professional and personal connections with other globally minded community members, leaders, and entrepreneurs – while you expand your organization's connections in the Kansas City community
- Promote diversity and inclusion within your organization by highlighting the value of cross-cultural communication and global awareness
- Engagement and development of young professionals
- Opportunities to recruit from the IRC's network of global professionals and area universities
- Opportunities for team-building and fun, like the annual WorldQuest trivia night
- Opportunities for participation on an IRC committee or the IRC board of directors
- Complimentary member socials and appreciation events
Access to International Insights and Expert Speakers
- Member-rate or cost-free admission to IRC programs for all employees and board members
- Current insights on today's global landscape, including international and country-specific policy and economy topics, from diplomats and content experts
- Opportunities to engage and develop relationships with visiting experts, including diplomats, and host them at your location for public events or private meetings
- One seat at each invite-only IRC Academy event, including receptions and roundtables with VIP guests and special access to VIP speakers, dignitaries, and global-affairs experts throughout the year
- As you join or renew your membership, we'll ask you to share with the IRC the topics, speakers, and markets you're interested in for the year ahead, and we'll prioritize those as we set the program calendar
- Highlight your organization by putting your experts in front of diverse, engaged audiences as IRC program panelists and members of the Speakers Bureau
- Access to Kansas City-area experts from various international fields through the IRC Speakers Bureau
- Learn about upcoming IRC programs and other international events in Kansas City, and promote your organization's own work and events, through the IRC's weekly newsletter
Membership & Sponsorship Menu
Beyond the core benefits of IRC membership, we invite your organization to sponsor or participate in signature IRC events throughout the year. While you are welcome to sign up as a sponsor at any time, many organizations have asked to receive options in advance to help with planning. Please note that individual tickets for events will be available as events approach.
Click here to view the full IRC Membership & Sponsorship Menu for businesses »
To Join as a Business Partner
Thank you for your interest in joining or renewing your membership with the IRC. There are two easy options for joining as a business partner:
- Review and complete the Membership & Sponsorship Menu above and mail or email it to the IRC.
- Complete the online Membership & Sponsorship Menu (coming soon).
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to be in touch. Matthew Hughes, the IRC's executive director, can be reached at 816-423-2632 or email@example.com ».