Thank you for your willingness to share your thoughts, experiences, and expertise with the IRC community. We encourage you to share your knowledge with your fellow IRC members, keeping the following general guidelines in mind:
- Posts should be between 300 and 700 words.
- Please submit a copyright-free image related to the content of your post as well as a suggested title for the post.
- Posts should discuss relevant international news, policies, and events. Especially encouraged are posts discussing international concepts with a firm link to Kansas City.
- Posts regarding personal international experiences are also encouraged.
- We ask that you keep your content professional and neutral/non-partisan in tone.
- Please include links to information shared in posts that are not personal anecdotes as necessary.
- Since blog posts are usually scheduled in advance, please write about a topic that will be relevant for a longer period of time and not something that reacts to breaking news or changing circumstances.
- Top 10 lists of international nature are encouraged, as they are often more easily accessible by readers than longer text.
- To give you credit for your post, please include a one to three sentence bio line explaining your interests and connection to international work in Kansas City.
While we greatly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts, we cannot guarantee that every submitted blog will be published.
Please e-mail blog post submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Blog Submission" in the subject line. You are welcome to include your blog post in the body of the e-mail or as an attachment. Pictures may be linked or included in the e-mail as well. The IRC reserves the right to edit posts as necessary. Please let Matthew know if you have any questions. Many thanks for your interest!