Who We Are
The International Relations Council strengthens Kansas City’s global perspective by maintaining an active dialogue around world events, global issues, and their impact on our community. As a nonpartisan, educational nonprofit organization, the IRC values informed civil discourse, accessibility, and substance as we work to sharpen our community’s 21st-century global acumen. Our vision is a globally informed, engaged, and active Kansas City community that welcomes diverse perspectives and connects through a sincere desire to contribute to our shared future.
We value our members and the unique insights, international experience, and sincere desire to understand the world they bring to the IRC network and the Kansas City community. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds and include community leaders, international business people, university faculty, students, and other individuals interested in deepening their global awareness. We warmly welcome your interest and involvement.
Individual & Family Membership Benefits
As an IRC member, you sustain global affairs education in our community and receive many other benefits:
- Member-rate or cost-free admission to engaging in-person and digital IRC programs with leading experts in diverse fields of global affairs
- Notice of all programs through IRC’s weekly newsletter
- A welcoming community with opportunities to strengthen your professional and personal network
- Keen insights and meaningful conversations about international relations and today’s global landscape
- Early registration for select IRC programs throughout the year, like Global Experiences and News & Views community conversations
- A fuller sense of Kansas City’s international connections and just how international our community is
- Recognition as a member at IRC programs and annually in the IRC’s weekly newsletter
- Travel and educational opportunities through the World Affairs Councils of America network
- Exclusive discounts on a variety of foreign-affairs publications, including the Great Decisions briefing book
Joining at a higher level, IRC Academy members show special support for the work of the IRC and are invited to dive even deeper into international affairs through more intimate gatherings that allow them to speak directly with visiting diplomats and guest speakers. Special benefits of Academy membership include:
- Recognition of giving on the IRC website, in the annual report, and at signature events
- Meet-and-greet receptions before select IRC programs
- Complimentary access to digital programs at the Benefactor level and above
- Sponsor one lecture program of your choice per year at the Emissary level (excludes Berkley Lecture and Global Honors Evening)
The IRC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Individual Membership Levels
- $25 Student or K-12 Educator
- $50 Recent Graduate (within two years of graduating from a college or university)
- $75 Individual
Academy Membership Levels
- $100 Family (includes household)
- $150 Patron (includes household, name on website/program materials)
- $300 Statesman (includes Patron benefits and invitations to virtual speaker meet-and-greets)
- $500 Benefactor (includes Statesman benefits and complimentary access to all digital programs)
- $1,000 Emissary (includes Benefactor benefits as well as supporting conversation sponsorship of one IRC Lecture Series program of your choice per year and annual conversation with executive director on programming priorities)
Click the Buttons Below to Sign Up or Renew
Whether you are signing up as a first-time member or renewing your IRC membership, you have several options. You’re always welcome to call us at 816-897-6474, and we’ll be happy to process your membership or renewal over the phone.