Who We Are
The International Relations Council strengthens Kansas City’s global perspective by maintaining an active dialogue around world events, global issues, and their impact on our community. As a nonpartisan, educational nonprofit organization, the IRC values informed civil discourse, accessibility, and substance as we work to sharpen our community’s 21st-century global acumen. Our vision is a globally informed, engaged, and active Kansas City community that welcomes diverse perspectives and connects through a sincere desire to contribute to our shared future.
We value our members and the unique insights, international experience, and sincere desire to understand the world they bring to the IRC network and the Kansas City community. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds and include community leaders, international business people, university faculty, students, and other individuals interested in deepening their global awareness. We warmly welcome your interest and involvement.
Individual & Family Membership Benefits
As an IRC member, you sustain global affairs education in our community and receive many other benefits. Click the following link to learn more about the benefits of the different levels of IRC membership.
Need help deciding?
Individual Membership Levels
- $25 Student or K-12 Educator
- $50 Recent Graduate (within two years of graduating from a college or university)
- $75 Virtual
- $100 Individual (includes Virtual benefits, plus member rate admissions & recognition as a member at in-person IRC events)
- $250 Diplomat (Includes individual benefits, membership for your family, invitations to meet & greet receptions before select IRC programs, and recognition of your giving on the IRC website/annual report)
Academy Membership Levels
- $500 Consul (includes Diplomat benefits, invitations to IRC Academy events with distinguished speakers, recognition as an academy member at in-person events, a complimentary “bring a friend” ticket to lecture programs which don’t involve a meal, and preferred seating at in-person lecture programs)
- $1,000 Emissary (includes Consul benefits as well as preferred seating at all IRC signature events, early-bird invitations to all IRC lunch programs, and an “IRC Concierge Service”
- $2,500 President’s Circle (includes Emissary benefits as well as an annual meeting with an organizational representative to discuss development and strategies, three complimentary “bring a friend” tickets to lecture programs which don’t involve a meal, and personal invitations to all limited capacity IRC events with dignitaries, ambassadors, and politicians.
The IRC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.