What Others Are Saying About the IRC
Owen/Cox Dance Group, IRC Nonprofit Member – “We’ve really enjoyed getting to meet our fellow IRC members, who all share an interest in international relations and have a global view. Our dance company is branching out with a public diplomacy tour to Ukraine this year, and the IRC has been instrumental in helping us make contacts with people in the Ukrainian community. We’ve also enjoyed attending IRC events that focus on a wide range of global topics and feature guest speakers whose wealth of knowledge is incredibly informative and inspirational.”
YMCA of Greater Kansas City, IRC Nonprofit Member – “Our membership with the International Relations Council keeps us aware of international issues and topics, some of which relate to the Y’s work on a global scale. It also gives us the ability to strengthen relationships with other individuals and organizations who are similarly committed to helping our new Americans reach their fullest potential in our communities.”
Invitation to Join as a Nonprofit Member
At the International Relations Council, we value our relationships with organizations from a variety of industries and specialties. Our business, education, and nonprofit organizational members contribute unique perspectives, international experience, and remarkable people to connect international affairs to our community. We invite you to join us as an organizational member or to renew your organization’s commitment to supporting the development of a global perspective in Kansas City.
Nonprofit memberships are available for $300 (Large Nonprofit with a budget of $50K+) and $150 (Small Nonprofit with a budget of less than $50K) per year and allow all employees and board members to benefit from the core organizational membership benefits below.
Core Organizational Membership Benefits
Visibility in the Greater KC Metro Area
- Organization’s name, logo, description, and website link featured on the IRC website
- Organization’s name in IRC program materials and recognition at IRC signature programs
- Organization’s international work and connections highlighted in the IRC blog, newsletter, and social media
- Chance to host an IRC Networking Hour to introduce the community to the organization’s international work and to introduce the organization’s stakeholders to the IRC
Connection with Kansas City’s International Community
- Through IRC social events, program receptions, and forums, your employees and stakeholders sustain and strengthen their professional and personal connections with other globally minded community members, leaders, and entrepreneurs – while you expand your organization’s connections in the Kansas City community
- Promote diversity and inclusion within your organization by highlighting the value of cross-cultural communication and global awareness
- Engagement and development of young professionals
- Opportunities to recruit from the IRC’s network of global professionals and area universities
- Opportunities for team-building and fun, like the annual WorldQuest trivia night
- Opportunities for participation on an IRC planning team, committee, or board of directors
- Complimentary member socials and appreciation events
- Featured inclusion of your events, news, job openings, and volunteer opportunities in the IRC’s weekly newsletter
Access to International Insights and Expert Speakers
- Member-rate or cost-free admission to IRC programs for all employees and board members
- Current insights on today’s global landscape, including international and country-specific policy and economy topics, from diplomats and content experts
- Opportunities to engage and develop relationships with visiting experts, including diplomats, and host them at your location for public events or private meetings
- One seat at each invite-only IRC Academy event, including receptions and roundtables with VIP guests and special access to VIP speakers, dignitaries, and global-affairs experts throughout the year
- As you join or renew your membership, we’ll ask you to share with the IRC the topics, speakers, and regions of the world you’re interested in for the year ahead, and we’ll prioritize those as we set the program calendar
- Highlight your organization by putting your experts in front of diverse, engaged audiences as IRC program panelists and members of the Speakers Bureau
- Access to Kansas City-area experts from various international fields through the IRC Speakers Bureau
- Learn about upcoming IRC programs and other international events in Kansas City, and promote your organization’s own work and events, through the IRC’s weekly newsletter
Membership & Sponsorship Menu
Beyond the core benefits of IRC membership, we invite your organization to sponsor or participate in signature IRC events throughout the year. Besides aligning your organization with the development of a global perspective in Kansas City, sponsorship puts your brand in front of thousands of IRC members and friends, both in person and online:
- Potential in-person reach varies by program and is described in the information for each program.
- Potential online reach includes nearly 7,500 on LinkedIn, 7,000 by email, 4,000 on Facebook, 1,000 on Twitter, and 650 website visitors/week.
- Many IRC programs are cost-free to attend thanks to the support of organizations like yours.
While we relish the chance to gather our community together for meaningful conversation and global exploration, we know that participation looks a little different these days. The IRC takes seriously the health and wellbeing of our community, so we’ve proactively moved many of our programs and events to a digital format. The offerings described below are meant to give a general idea of the format and substance of our programming and how participation can benefit your organization. Should changes be necessary, we’ll let you know as soon as possible and work with you to offer comparable benefits in a digital format.
While you are welcome to sign up as a sponsor at any time, many organizations have asked to receive options in advance to help with planning. Please note that individual tickets for events will be available as events approach.