What Others Are Saying About the IRC
Park University, IRC Educational Member – “Park University was honored to become the IRC’s first educational organization member in 2006 and is proud to count two of our leaders as IRC past presidents. Engaging students and faculty in IRC programs helps us address one of our core values, celebrating ‘global citizenship through our connected learning and working environment, liberal arts education and community stewardship.’”
Johnson County Community College, IRC Educational Member – “The IRC has proven to be a key partner for Johnson County Community College in bringing a global perspective to our college and the greater Kansas City area. Our students have benefited from the IRC’s working with us in bringing global speakers to our campus. They have collaborated with JCCC on Great Decisions – a valuable discussion on world events. In addition, JCCC’s annual Peacebuilding Conference is grateful to be partnering with the IRC to inspire community engagement in building positive peace. Lastly we love attending the ever-popular WorldQuest on an annual basis.”
Invitation to Join as a College or University Member
At the International Relations Council, we value our relationships with organizations from a variety of industries and specialties. Our business, education, and nonprofit organizational members contribute unique perspectives, international experience, and remarkable people to connect international affairs to our community. We invite you to join us as an organizational member or to renew your organization’s commitment to supporting the development of a global perspective in Kansas City.
Memberships for colleges and universities are available for $1,000 per year and allow all faculty, staff, and students to benefit from the core organizational membership benefits below.
Core Organizational Membership Benefits
Visibility in the Greater KC Metro Area
- University’s name, logo, description, and website link featured on the IRC website
- University’s name in IRC program materials and recognition at IRC signature programs
- University’s international work and connections highlighted in the IRC blog, newsletter, and social media
- Chance to host an IRC Networking Hour to introduce the community to the university’s international work and to introduce the university to the IRC
Connection with Kansas City’s International Community
- Through IRC social events, program receptions, and forums, participants can sustain and strengthen their professional and personal connections with other globally minded community members, leaders, and entrepreneurs – while you expand your university’s connections in the Kansas City community
- Promote diversity and inclusion within your university by highlighting the value of cross-cultural communication and global awareness
- Engagement and development of young professionals, faculty, and students
- Opportunities to recruit from the IRC’s network of global professionals and area universities
- Opportunities for team-building and fun, like the annual WorldQuest trivia night
- Opportunities for participation on an IRC planning team, committee, or board of directors
- Complimentary member socials and appreciation events
- Featured inclusion of your events, news, job openings, and volunteer opportunities in the IRC’s weekly newsletter
Access to International Insights and Expert Speakers
- Member-rate or cost-free admission to IRC programs for all faculty, staff, and students
- Current insights on today’s global landscape, including international and country-specific policy and economy topics, from diplomats and content experts
- Opportunities to engage and develop relationships with visiting experts, including diplomats, and host them at your location for public events or private meetings
- One seat at each invite-only IRC Academy event, including receptions and roundtables with VIP guests and special access to VIP speakers, dignitaries, and global-affairs experts throughout the year
- As you join or renew your membership, we’ll ask you to share with the IRC the topics, speakers, and regions of the world you’re interested in for the year ahead, and we’ll prioritize those as we set the program calendar
- Highlight your university by putting your faculty in front of diverse, engaged audiences as IRC program panelists and members of the Speakers Bureau
- Access to Kansas City-area experts from various international fields through the IRC Speakers Bureau
- Learn about upcoming IRC programs and other international events in Kansas City, and promote your university’s own work and events, through the IRC’s weekly newsletter
Membership & Sponsorship Menu
Beyond the core benefits of IRC membership, we invite your organization to sponsor or participate in signature IRC events throughout the year. Besides aligning your organization with the development of a global perspective in Kansas City, sponsorship puts your brand in front of thousands of IRC members and friends, both in person and online:
- Potential in-person reach varies by program and is described in the information for each program.
- Potential online reach includes nearly 7,500 on LinkedIn, 7,000 by email, 4,000 on Facebook, 1,000 on Twitter, and 650 website visitors/week.
- Many IRC programs are cost-free to attend thanks to the support of organizations like yours.
While we relish the chance to gather our community together for meaningful conversation and global exploration, we know that participation looks a little different these days. The IRC takes seriously the health and wellbeing of our community, so we’ve proactively moved many of our programs and events to a digital format. The offerings described below are meant to give a general idea of the format and substance of our programming and how participation can benefit your organization. Should changes be necessary, we’ll let you know as soon as possible and work with you to offer comparable benefits in a digital format.
While you are welcome to sign up as a sponsor at any time, many organizations have asked to receive options in advance to help with planning. Please note that individual tickets for events will be available as events approach.
To Join as a College or University Member
Thank you for your interest in joining or renewing your membership with the IRC. There are two easy options for joining as an organizational member:
- Review and complete the Membership & Sponsorship Menu and mail or email it to the IRC.
- Join online by completing the College & University Membership Form below.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to be in touch. Daniel Fitzpatrick, the IRC’s Membership & Engagement Coordinator, can be reached at 816-897-6474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.