Away from the borders and coasts, Kansas City-area students are often surprised to find just how many international academic and professional opportunities await them after high school. This unique college and career fair brings together dozens of international businesses, organizations, and colleges and universities to show students just how global their future can be.
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
KC Convention Center Room 3501 and Lobby 3500
301 W 13th St #100
Kansas City, Missouri 64105
« Go to Upcoming Event List
A College & Career Fair for High-School Students Preparing for Global Opportunities
Tuesday, October 29, 2019 • 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. • KC Convention Center
Free for KC-area students and teachers • Grades 9-12 • Bus reimbursement available
Booth space and sponsorships available for businesses, organizations, and universities
About the Event
Away from the borders and coasts, Kansas City-area students are often surprised to find just how many international academic and professional opportunities await them after high school. This unique college and career fair will bring together dozens of international businesses, organizations, and colleges and universities to show students just how global their future can be.
Booths set up in Kansas City's Convention Center will include representatives from:
- Businesses from a range of sectors, including agriculture, architecture and design, engineering, finance, hospitality, law, medicine, sports, technology, travel and transportation, and veterinary science;
- Colleges and universities, including internationally oriented majors, clubs, and student groups;
- Ethnic and cultural groups represented in the Kansas City area;
- Government agencies;
- Kansas City-based international NGOs;
- Performing and visual arts groups and museums with global connections; and
- Study-abroad programs
School groups will arrive as early as 8:30 a.m. and may leave as late as 12 p.m. Presentations from global professionals will be offered throughout the day, and students will be encouraged to practice their interview skills by interacting with booth representatives as they browse the opportunities offered.
The program will be underwritten by support from the participating organizations and generous Kansas City-area donors to ensure that attendance is completely cost-free for teachers and students. Sponsor packages to increase visibility and impact are available, and schools will be eligible to receive up to $200 to offset the cost of bus transportation.
Sign Up to Participate
Booths Already Registered in 2019 Include
- Amigos de las Américas
- Aviation Institute of Maintenance
- Avila University
- Baker University
- Burns & McDonnell
- Children's Mercy Hospital
- Commerce Bank
- Cultural Crossroads, Inc.
- International Association of Operative Millers
- Kansas State University
- Missouri Southern State University
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- University of Central Missouri Anthropology/McClure Archives and University Museum
- University of Central Missouri Study Abroad
- University of Kansas College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- University of Kansas School of Languages, Literatures & Cultures
- University of Missouri
- YMCA of Greater Kansas City